Aspirants who wish to write this forthcoming UTME/DE examination are adviced to check if they are eligible for the chosen course of study. The official course eligibility checker checks if the course of study is in line with O’Levle subject combination together with UTME subject.
After checking the subject combination, it makes sure that choice of subjects both in UTM/DE and O’Level are what is required by your chosen school of choice in order to maximize your admission chances. If your subject combinations do not match that of your chosen school, JAMB eligibility checker will list schools that accept your subject combination if any.
To use the Eligibility Checker you will need to visit JAMB Portal, select your Entry Mode, Institution, and the course which you intend to study. Once you are done inputting those information, the portal will tell you institutions that you are eligible to apply to.
If there are no institution which accepts your subject combination, it will also tell you that.
Candidates should use JAMB eligibility checker to check if their subject combination is what is for the course they intend to study as well as what the institution accepts. It is advised that candidates going for a change of course or school consult with JAMB’s Course eligibility Checker before changing their courses, especially in order to maximize your chances of admission as well!
How to make use of JAMB Eligibility Checker
- Log on to JAMB Course Eligibility Checker Portal on http://eligibility.jamb.gov.ng/checker/
- 1. Select Mode of Entry, you can choose UTME or Direct Entry
- Select School Type; This can be Degree Awarding, NCE, ND, NID
- Choose your preferred Institution and course of study.
- Enter your A’Level/O’level Results
- Enter Your UTME/DE Subject Combination
- and finally click on the “Check Programme Availbility Button” to get an instant result!